Breastfeeding is a natural and rewarding experience. It is also natural to have questions. If expectant parents know what to expect, what is normal, and when and where to seek out help, the chances of successfully breastfeeding increase greatly.
In this 2 hour class you will learn important techniques and tips for getting breastfeeding off to a positive start before the birth of your baby.
- Establishing and maintaining a healthy milk supply
- Recognizing how to know baby is getting enough
- What to expect in the early weeks
- Positioning and latching baby at breast
- How to avoid sore nipples and infections
- How to involve the partner
- Identifying when and where to get help
- And so much more
Information regarding breastfeeding supplies and equipment will be addressed. An extensive resource packet is provided.
Highly recommended for first time parents!
The Breastfeeding class takes place in the privacy of your home. Contact us to set up your class.
The class is instructed by Kelly Johnson BNRN, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and an experienced mother.